CHINA IS AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST TWO WAY TRADING PARTNER
Approximately 1.2 million Chinese tourists visit Australia per annum. This makes China the most valuable tourism market for Australia, as well as its largest source of international students and a major source of foreign investment.
Weibo incorporates elements from a variety of prominent social media platforms including Facebook and YouTube. Weibo has over 558 million users world-wide, and approximately 313 million of those are active monthly users.
WeChat is an IM (instant messaging) service, comparable to WhatsApp. It boasts 1.1 billion users, and 846 million of these accounts are active monthly.
KEY OPINION LEADERS (KOLs)
KOLs are bloggers, celebrities and “influencers” of social media platforms. They usually have official, verified accounts.
Weibo KOLs help to build brand image and foster trust among consumers. They also encourage followers to repost and comment on content, helping to convert them into customers.
KOL sponsored content on WeChat is usually written in long from format, with interviews and short biographies being the most popular means of conveying the desired message.
chinese Social Media
- 1.2 million+ Australian registered Chinese social media users
- 2.1 million+ Weibo posts are published in Australia monthly
- A minimum of 46 minutes is spent on Chinese social media daily
- An average of 8 business accounts are followed by each Chinese social media user
- 43% of users favour products shared by their peers on social media
- 60% of Chinese consumers identify WeChat and Weibo as their main online source of information on luxury goods
- 64.4% of users have interacted with an advertisement on Weibo
- 340M MONTHLY ACTIVE USERS ON WEIBO Q1,2017
- 1.2M CHINESE SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS IN AUSTRALIA
- 68M IMPRESSIONS GENERATED FOR OUR CLIENTS
P: +61 2 9252 3476
P: +61 03 8640 4071
M: +61 402 312 002
P: +61 7 5627 1002
P: +61 435 867 544